Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 20 G 24 mph
- Barometer29.80 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Roanoke Regional Airport (KROA)
Lat: 37.33°N Lon: 79.97°W Elev: 1149ft.
2 Miles SW Troutville VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 74. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 51. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 65. Light south wind becoming southwest 11 to 16 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Botetourt County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE