Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 7 G 14 MPH
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
BIG BEAR PARK (BBRC2)
Lat: 37.496111 Lon: -107.729444 Elev: 10341ft.
12 Miles NNE Bayfield CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 4. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Light west southwest wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -15. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwest San Juan Mountains, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE