Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer29.74 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Roanoke Regional Airport (KROA)
Lat: 37.33°N Lon: 79.97°W Elev: 1149ft.
7 Miles NNE Thaxton VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 57. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 62. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 19 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers likely before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1am and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bedford County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE