Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer29.71 in
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
Natural Bridge Station VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 50. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 68. Light south wind becoming southwest 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Breezy, with a west wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a northwest wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockbridge County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE