Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.55 in (1035.9 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Knox (KFTK)
Lat: 37.9 Lon: -85.97 Elev: 784ft.
3 Miles ENE Falls Of Rough KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. North wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of freezing rain and sleet between midnight and 3am, then a chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then a chance of freezing rain between 9am and noon, then rain likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as 10. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain or freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Breckinridge County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE