Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer29.59 in (1002.1 mb)
- Dewpoint48°F (9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Fort Knox (KFTK)
Lat: 37.9°N Lon: 85.97°W Elev: 784ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Rain showers before 3pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 35 by 5pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 24 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A 10 percent chance of snow showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44. Wind chill values as low as 10. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. South wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Breckinridge County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE