Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 10 G 16 MPH
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 37.71333 Lon: -117.24028 Elev: 5625ft.
23 Miles SSW Tonopah NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -6. South wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -7. South wind 7 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -12. Blustery, with a north northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -12. North northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 6. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Friday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Esmeralda and Central Nye County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE