Nor’easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
6NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT AS A
FRONTAL SYSTEM APPROACHES THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST. SOUTHERLY WINDS
WILL INCREASE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AS A STRONGER STORM APPROACHES
- Today N wind around 9 kt. Sunny.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Friday SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly sunny.
- Friday Night SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. A chance of rain.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ESE around 6 kt in the morning. Rain likely.
- Saturday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 6 to 11 kt in the evening. Rain likely.
- Sunday SSE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE