Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
5NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT OFFSHORE FLOW NEAR THE COAST WITH SOUTHERLY FLOW FURTHER
OFFSHORE DUE TO HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GREAT BASIN OVER THE NEXT 24
HOURS. WINDS VEER TO THE SOUTH TUESDAY WITH NORTHERLY WINDS
RETURNING LATE WEDNESDAY. NORTHWEST SWELL WILL GRADUALLY DIMINISH
THROUGH THE UPCOMING WEEK.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear.
- Monday NNE wind around 6 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Tuesday S wind around 6 kt. A slight chance of showers.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE