Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
6NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisVERY LARGE LONG PERIOD SOUTHWESTERLY SWELL WILL IMPACT THE WATERS
THROUGH THURSDAY. A LOW IS CENTERED 350 MILES WEST OF UKIAH. THIS
LOW WILL MOVE THROUGH THE NORTHERN WATERS ON THURSDAY RESULTING IN
LIGHT SOUTHERLY WINDS WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. THERE WILL BE A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS THIS EVENING NORTH OF POINT REYES
AND IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY THURSDAY. WINDS WILL BECOME LIGHT TO
MODERATE NORTHWEST FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY AFTER THE LOW MOVES
- Overnight SSW wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 9 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Cloudy.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny.
- Friday Night SW wind around 7 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 7 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 6 to 9 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Sunday WSW wind around 6 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Sunday Night W wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE