Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
6NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisMODERATE NORTHWEST WINDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS WILL PERSIST
AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC. THE STRONGEST
WINDS WILL BE NEAR THE COAST SOUTH OF POINT SUR. LARGE MODERATE
PERIOD NORTHWEST SWELL WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS
TODAY BEFORE DECREASING TONIGHT. WINDS WILL SHIFT MORE SOUTHERLY
BY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES INTO THE PACIFIC
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain after 11am.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 14 kt. A chance of rain.
- Saturday SSW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming NNW in the morning. A chance of showers.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE