Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
6NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT WIND AND SEAS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. WINDS WILL
GRADUALLY INCREASE EARLY FRIDAY MORNING AS A STRONG COLD FRONT
APPROACHES THE NORTHERN WATERS. WINDS WILL BRIEFLY INCREASE AHEAD
AND JUST BEHIND THE FRONTAL PASSAGE AS RAIN MOVES FROM NORTH TO
SOUTH THROUGH THE WATERS ON FRIDAY ALONG WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. BEHIND THE FRONT LIGHTER NW WINDS ARE FORECAST
FRIDAY EVENING. ON SATURDAY STRONGER NW WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS TO
AROUND 10 FEET WILL DEVELOP CREATING SOME HAZARDOUS SEAS FOR THE
START OF CRAB SEASON.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 7 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 9 kt after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
- Saturday W wind 6 to 12 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 12 kt becoming NNW in the evening. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 8am.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 6 kt. Mostly clear.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE