Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
5NM NNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA BUILDING RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE ALONG THE COAST WILL KEEP MODERATE
NORTHWESTERLY WINDS GOING ACROSS MOST OF OUR WATERS INTO TOMORROW. WINDS
WILL DECREASE BY TUESDAY NIGHT AS THE HIGH MOVES INTO THE GREAT
BASIN. ANOTHER ROUND OF MODERATE NORTHWESTERLY WINDS ARE EXPECTED
ON THURSDAY AS ANOTHER HIGH STRENGTHENS OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
- Tonight NW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Patchy fog after 1am.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 10am.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW around 6 kt after midnight. Patchy fog after 1am.
- Wednesday NNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of rain, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 10am.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before 10pm.
- Christmas Day NNE wind around 11 kt. Sunny.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE