Flash flooding possible across southern Plains through early Thursday
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture bringing heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains through early Thursday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma into western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish later Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON
- SynopsisNORTHERLY FLOW WILL INCREASE OVER THE COASTAL WATERS TODAY AS HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE WEST COAST. WINDS WILL BE STRONGEST NORTH
OF POINT REYES. GUSTY WINDS WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE IN THE SAN
FRANCISCO BAY THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE INCREASED WINDS WILL
PRODUCE STEEPER WIND WAVES AND LOCALLY HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS.
NORTHWEST SWELL WILL INCREASE FRIDAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 10 to 15 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Tonight W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming S after midnight. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Friday S wind 5 to 14 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Friday Night WSW wind 13 to 18 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Saturday SSW wind 6 to 16 kt becoming SSE in the morning. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 8 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE