Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
16NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisMODERATE NORTHWEST WINDS CONTINUE OVER THE COASTAL WATERS SOUTH OF
POINT SUR THROUGH TONIGHT. ELSEWHERE WINDS REMAIN MOSTLY LIGHT.
NORTHWEST SWELL WILL CONTINUE TO GRADUALLY DECREASE THROUGH THE
END OF THE WEEK.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 11am.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A slight chance of rain after 11pm.
- Friday NNW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Partly sunny.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt after midnight. A chance of rain.
- Saturday SSW wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of showers.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE