Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES OFF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST COAST. A THERMAL
TROUGH WILL SHIFT TO THE COAST RESULTING IN DECREASING WINDS OVER
THE AREA EXCEPT FOR THE OUTER WATERS NORTH OF POINT REYES.
- This Afternoon S wind 11 to 17 kt. Sunny.
- Tonight SSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming W in the evening. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Wednesday S wind 8 to 14 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 8 to 16 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Thursday S wind 6 to 12 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 8 to 13 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Friday Night SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 11am.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE