Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
12NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT NW WIND AND SEAS THROUGH TUESDAY UNDER HIGH PRESSURE. ON
WEDNESDAY WINDS WILL TURN SOUTHERLY AS A WARM FRONT APPROACHES THE
REGION. STRONGER SOUTHERLY WINDS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE END OF
THE WEEK AS THE FRONT SLOWLY PASSES NORTH OF THE REGION WHILE
BRINGING PERIODS OF RAIN AND BUILDING SEAS. WINDS WILL SWITCH TO SW
LATER FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY BEHIND THE FRONT.
- This Afternoon N wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 10pm.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 10am.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming W in the evening. Mostly cloudy.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE