Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.5 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
6 Miles SW Lexington KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before 1pm, then rain. High near 36. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. South wind around 8 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 10am, then a chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE