Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer30.55 in (1035.1 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Evansville Regional Airport (KEVV)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -87.53 Elev: 381ft.
6 Miles W Evansville IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 26. South southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. South southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain and sleet before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 33. South southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely before noon, then a slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vanderburgh County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE