Variety of Weather Hazards Forecast Across Central, Eastern U.S.
An active weather pattern will dominate the central and eastern U.S. Friday and into the weekend. Rain is forecast on Friday from the southern Plains across the mid-Miss. & Ohio Valleys and into southern New England, with freezing rain for parts of the central Plains and snow in the Rockies and Great Lakes. Severe thunderstorms are possible for parts of the southern Plains and lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 15 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.3 mb)
- Dewpoint52°F (11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Evansville Regional Airport (KEVV)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -87.53 Elev: 381ft.
3 Miles SSE Melody Hill IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 63. South southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tonight Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 48. South southwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 59. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Periods of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then showers likely. Some of the storms could be severe and produce heavy rainfall. Low around 48. South southeast wind 9 to 15 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of light rain before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. West southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West northwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vanderburgh County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE