Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest
A series of storm systems will bring several rounds of rain to the Pacific Northwest and northern California over the next several days. Heavy rain, high winds and thunderstorms are expected, especially along the coast. Meanwhile, rain and gusty winds will taper off across New England as the coastal low that has been affecting that area moves offshore.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
38NM WNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OFF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST WILL WEAKEN AS A
DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM APPROACHES FROM THE WEST.
THE LOW WILL LIFT NORTHEAST ON SATURDAY MOVING INLAND OVER THE
PACIFIC NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT. SOUTH WINDS WILL INCREASE TODAY
THROUGH SATURDAY THEN SWITCH TO NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT AND
SUNDAY. THE LOW WILL BRING A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS TO THE
NORTHERN WATERS SATURDAY.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 13 kt. Partly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 12 to 17 kt increasing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Rain likely after 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 6 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 ft building to 6 ft.
- Saturday S wind 17 to 27 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 7 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 13 to 16 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft and WSW 2 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 16 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft and WSW 1 to 2 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 22 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 5 ft.
- Monday NW wind 11 to 20 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 13 to 17 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and SW 1 ft becoming S. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE