Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
38NM WNW San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE SITUATED WEST OF CAPE MENDOCINO WILL CONTINUE TO
DEEPEN TONIGHT RESULTING IN STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS. GALE FORCE WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE
NORTHERN WATERS WITH STRONG SMALL CRAFT WINDS DEVELOPING
ELSEWHERE. A LINE OF RAIN AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS
EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE NORTH OF THE
GOLDEN GATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL EASE AND SHOWERS WILL
END BY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIGHTER WINDS AND MODERATE SEAS SUNDAY
- Tonight SSE wind 16 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Rain likely after 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 6 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 2 ft building to 6 ft.
- Saturday S wind 17 to 27 kt, with gusts as high as 37 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 7 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 13 to 15 kt becoming NW after midnight. A chance of rain. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 13 seconds and WSW 2 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 12 to 17 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft and WSW 1 to 2 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 23 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 5 ft.
- Monday NW wind 18 to 21 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 12 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and SW 1 ft becoming S. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...NW 6 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE