Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSW 14 mph
- Barometer30.38 in (1029.8 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
4 Miles SE Lexington KY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as 5. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as 4. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 8. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE