Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
18NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisMOIST UNSTABLE AIR BEHIND A PASSING COLD FRONT WILL LEAD TO
SHOWERS AND POSSIBLY A FEW THUNDERSTORMS TONIGHT. BEHIND THE
FRONT LIGHTER NW WINDS ARE FORECAST BY THE EVENING. ON SATURDAY
STRONGER NW WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS TO AROUND 10 FEET WILL DEVELOP
CREATING SOME HAZARDOUS SEAS FOR THE START OF CRAB SEASON.
- Late Afternoon W wind around 12 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
- Tonight NW wind 8 to 13 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 11pm, then a chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
- Saturday W wind 6 to 10 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 7 to 11 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 8am.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Monday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE