Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
18NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisNORTHWEST WINDS WILL REMAIN GUSTY OVER THE NORTHERN OUTER WATERS
TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. ELSWHERE NORTHWEST WINDS WILL BE AT LIGHTER
SPEEDS AS A TROUGH DEVELOPS NEAR THE CALIFORNIA COAST.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 9 kt after midnight. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Wednesday S wind 6 to 12 kt. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Wednesday Night S wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Increasing clouds.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing.
- Thursday Night S wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.
- Friday Night WSW wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE