Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
14NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisSOUTHERLY WINDS WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING
FRONT THAT WILL SPREAD RAIN OVER THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH THE DAY.
BEHIND THE FRONT WINDS WILL TURN WESTERLY AND LARGE NW SWELLS
WILL BUILD INTO THE WEEKEND. BUILDING HIGH PRESSURE WILL BRING
LIGHTER WINDS OVER THE WEEKEND. THE COMBINATION OF LARGE SEAS AND
UNUSUALLY HIGH TIDES WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS SEAS OVER THE OCEAN AND
NEAR THE COAST FOR MUCH OF THE WEEKEND.
- Today SE wind 9 to 14 kt. Rain likely.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt in the morning. Mostly cloudy.
- Saturday Night S wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers.
- Sunday S wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly sunny.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE