A Moderate Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Evening and Tonight
Damaging winds and large hail are likely from North Dakota into western and northern Minnesota this evening into tonight. Some wind gusts could be particularly damaging. Storms are also possible over the Texas panhandle and the Carolinas.
18NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK DISTURBANCE MOVING ACROSS THE DISTRICT TODAY WILL GENERATE
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS
ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS THIS MORNING. A WEAK SURFACE PRESSURE
GRADIENT ACROSS THE REGION WILL MAINTAIN LIGHT WINDS AND GENTLE
SEAS THROUGH FIRST HALF OF THIS WEEK. BY MIDWEEK...NORTHWESTERLY
WINDS WILL INCREASE AS A THERMAL TROUGH DEVELOPS INLAND.
- Today WSW wind 5 to 11 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 11am.
- Tonight WSW wind 5 to 11 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 9 kt. Clear.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny.
- Friday Night SW wind 5 to 9 kt. Clear.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE