Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
14NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK WEATHER SYSTEM MOVING ACROSS THE REGION WILL RESULT IN
LIGHT SOUTHERLY WINDS ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS. BY MIDWEEK HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD OFF THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST BRINGING
LIGHT TO MODERATE NORTHWEST WINDS TO THE COASTAL WATERS FOR THE
SECOND HALF OF THE WEEK.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Thursday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
- Friday Night N wind around 8 kt becoming SW in the evening. Mostly clear.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE