Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
18NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE SITUATED WEST OF CAPE MENDOCINO WILL CONTINUE TO
DEEPEN TONIGHT RESULTING IN STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS. GALE FORCE WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE
NORTHERN WATERS WITH STRONG SMALL CRAFT WINDS DEVELOPING
ELSEWHERE. A LINE OF RAIN AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS
EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE NORTH OF THE
GOLDEN GATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL EASE AND SHOWERS WILL
END BY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIGHTER WINDS AND MODERATE SEAS SUNDAY
- Overnight SSE wind 14 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of rain.
- Saturday S wind 16 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A chance of rain.
- Sunday NNW wind around 12 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Sunday Night NW wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly clear.
- Monday WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny.
- Monday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
- Tuesday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE