Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
18NM N San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
- SynopsisNORTHERLY WINDS WILL PREVAIL OVER THE COASTAL WATERS. MODERATE TO
LOCALLY STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS WILL BE POSSIBLE NORTH OF POINT
REYES TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. SEAS WILL GENERALLY BE GENTLE
THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEK.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of thunderstorms. Patchy fog.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 7 to 12 kt in the morning. A slight chance of thunderstorms before 8am. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 6 to 11 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 11am.
- Thursday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.
- Friday Night SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Saturday SW wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE