Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.51 in (1033.8 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (KCHO)
Lat: 38.14 Lon: -78.45 Elev: 623ft.
University Heights VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow and sleet before 1pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain after 4pm. High near 29. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain before 4am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 26. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 45. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 11pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow before 10am, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Albemarle, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE