Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Barometer29.66 in
- Dewpoint59°F (15°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Marion Regional (KMWA)
Lat: 37.76 Lon: -89 Elev: 472ft.
3 Miles NNW West City IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 68. South southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. South southwest wind 10 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Rain likely, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. Northwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Night Freezing rain and sleet before midnight, then snow and sleet between midnight and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 25. North wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Snow. High near 26. North wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. North wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19. West northwest wind around 8 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE