Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.03 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Mount Vernon Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KMVN)
Lat: 38.33°N Lon: 88.87°W Elev: 479ft.
3 Miles SE Sesser IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 40 percent chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 27. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 49. Light and variable wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 64. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. South southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 41. South southwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. South southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE