Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.38 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
Current conditions at
Mount Vernon Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KMVN)
Lat: 38.33 Lon: -88.87 Elev: 479ft.
3 Miles SE Sesser IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -9. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -9. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 16. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26. West northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 26. Light west wind becoming west southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 28. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Calm wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind around 9 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE