Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedN 16 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.39 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Great Bend Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KGBD)
Lat: 38.34 Lon: -98.86 Elev: 1886ft.
9 Miles ENE Hudson KS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as 4. North wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as 1. Southeast wind 5 to 13 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Wind chill values as low as 4 early. South wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 22. South wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 46. South wind around 9 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Stafford County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE