Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.15 in
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.418037 Lon: -110.704038 Elev: 4444ft.
11 Miles SW Capitol Reef NP UT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -8. Light south southwest wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Snow. High near 14. Wind chill values as low as -8. East southeast wind 5 to 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -16. Southwest wind around 14 mph becoming west northwest in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -17. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 11.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Utah Mountains, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE