Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Read More... Hazardous Weather Conditions Humidity51% Wind SpeedNW 13 G 29 mph Barometer30.25 in Dewpoint26°F (-3°C) Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Sparta Community-Hunter Field Airport (KSAR)
Lat: 38.15°N Lon: 89.7°W Elev: 538ft.
3 Miles NW Sparta IL 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a north wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Tonight Widespread frost after 10pm. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 28. North wind 11 to 17 mph. Saturday Widespread frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 46. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind 6 to 11 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Monday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Tuesday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Tuesday Night Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Thursday Sunny, with a high near 61.