Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer29.80 in (1009.2 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18°N Lon: 84.9°W Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 72. Southwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain showers before 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 54. Southwest wind 11 to 20 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow between 8pm and 2am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE