Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1028.6 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely between 1pm and 4pm, then a chance of rain after 4pm. High near 34. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of rain before 4am, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 32. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A slight chance of freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then a chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Light northwest wind.
- Tuesday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE