Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 14 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1023.1 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Hutchinson Municipal Airport (KHUT)
Lat: 38.08 Lon: -97.87 Elev: 1522ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 25. South wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before 9am, then a slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 43. South wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 34. North northwest wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rice County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE