Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.26 Lon: -86.95 Elev: 528ft.
3 Miles NNW Oakland City IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of rain, snow, and sleet, mainly after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Rain and snow, mainly after 7pm. Low around 32. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow before noon, then a chance of rain. High near 37. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 7 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. South wind 6 to 13 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gibson County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE