Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedW 3 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1020.4 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Charleston, Yeager Airport (KCRW)
Lat: 38.38 Lon: -81.58 Elev: 1016ft.
Cross Lanes WV
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 42. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and sleet before 1am, then snow and sleet likely between 1am and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Low around 29. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A slight chance of sleet, mixing with snow after 8am, then gradually ending. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Snow and sleet before 1pm, then rain and sleet between 1pm and 2pm, then rain after 2pm. High near 36. East wind around 8 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kanawha County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE