Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer29.35 in
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. High near 70. Southwest wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Showers, mainly before 8pm. Low around 18. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light southwest after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57. Light southwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockingham, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE