Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 0 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
HUNTSMAN MESA (HMEC2)
Lat: 38.331944 Lon: -107.088889 Elev: 9400ft.
11 Miles ENE Cimarron CO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 20 percent chance of snow before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9. Wind chill values as low as -20. West wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -20. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 5. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Monday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 10.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Gunnison River Valley, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE