Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer29.69 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67°N Lon: 78.5°W Elev: 903ft.
6 Miles SE Stanley VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. South wind 7 to 11 mph becoming southwest in the evening.
- Wednesday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 54. Southwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow between 11pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Blustery, with a northwest wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26. Blustery.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE