Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67 Lon: -78.5 Elev: 903ft.
6 Miles SE Stanley VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly before 11am. High near 45. Southwest wind 11 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Snow, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all snow after 10am, then gradually ending. High near 29. Light northwest wind becoming west 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind 16 to 18 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36. West wind 12 to 17 mph becoming light and variable.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE