Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer29.92 in (1013.3 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
Current conditions at
Quantico Marine Corps Air Facility (KNYG)
Lat: 38.51 Lon: -77.3 Elev: 13ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 9am. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 47 by 5pm. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 39. North wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 42. North wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. North wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then rain or freezing rain between 8pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE