Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 G 16 mph
- Barometer29.12 in
- Dewpoint57°F (14°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Culpeper County Airport (KCJR)
Lat: 38.53°N Lon: 77.86°W Elev: 312ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 7pm, then a slight chance of showers between 7pm and 8pm. Low around 22. Windy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest 27 to 32 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56. Light south wind increasing to 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Fauquier, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE