Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 2 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
OWENS CAMP (OWNC1)
Lat: 38.735819 Lon: -120.241583 Elev: 5240ft.
21 Miles WSW South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow. Low around 21. South wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. Temperature rising to near 26 by 10am, then falling to around 15 during the remainder of the day. West southwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 33. East northeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12. Light east northeast wind becoming east 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Friday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE