Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer29.13 in (986.8 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Fort Belvoir (KDAA)
Lat: 38.73°N Lon: 77.18°W Elev: 89ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 68. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fairfax County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE