Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.34 in (1027.8 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Fort Belvoir (KDAA)
Lat: 38.73 Lon: -77.18 Elev: 89ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Snow and sleet before 1pm, then rain, snow, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then rain after 4pm. High near 36. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 33. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fairfax County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE