Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 2 G 7 MPH
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
OWENS CAMP (OWNC1)
Lat: 38.735819 Lon: -120.241583 Elev: 5240ft.
22 Miles WSW South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Calm wind.
- Friday Snow likely after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. Light south southeast wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. South wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 28. Southwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE