Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 G 22 mph
- Barometer30.51 in (1033.1 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow before 1pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain after 4pm. High near 32. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before 10pm, then rain or freezing rain between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 32. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Rain. High near 43. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Rain likely before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Rain and snow likely before 1pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE