Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. West wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 1pm, then rain. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE