Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.48 in (998.1 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86°N Lon: 77.03°W Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. High near 70. Breezy, with a south wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 12 to 17 mph becoming light west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52. Light southwest wind becoming south 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE