Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.1 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light northwest wind increasing to 8 to 13 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 1pm, then rain. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE