Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1032.8 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Covington / Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky (KCVG)
Lat: 39.05 Lon: -84.67 Elev: 886ft.
3 Miles S Independence KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 26. North wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely before 11am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 11am and 2pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 2pm. High near 32. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of rain and sleet. Low around 30. Southeast wind around 8 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kenton County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE