Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1018.3 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Lees Summit (KLXT)
Lat: 38.96 Lon: -94.37 Elev: 1004ft.
3 Miles SSW Raytown MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of freezing drizzle before 9am, then freezing rain likely between 9am and 10am, then rain likely after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 10pm, then snow likely between 10pm and 3am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle after 3am. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming north 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. North northwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE