Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 17 mph
- Barometer30.39 in (1031.9 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Russell Municipal Airport (KRSL)
Lat: 38.87 Lon: -98.81 Elev: 1864ft.
6 Miles WSW Sylvan Grove KS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 45. Wind chill values as low as zero early. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Areas of fog after 3am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 18. South wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North northwest wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Russell County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE