Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1018.8 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02 Lon: -95.22 Elev: 833ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain or freezing rain likely before noon, then rain showers likely between noon and 4pm, then rain likely after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Tonight Sleet likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle before 9pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE