Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 15 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1032.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-4°F (-20°C)
Current conditions at
Olathe, New Century Aircenter (KIXD)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -94.89 Elev: 1087ft.
4 Miles SW Shawnee KS
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of light snow before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values between -4 and 6. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Wind chill values between -1 and -6. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values between -6 and 4. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE