Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 13 G 29 MPH
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.083500 Lon: -120.171153 Elev: 7121ft.
8 Miles SSE Tahoe City CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 19. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow. High near 21. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Friday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE