Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1026.7 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Washington-Dulles International Airport (KIAD)
Lat: 38.96 Lon: -77.45 Elev: 290ft.
Sugarland Run VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 41. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 3pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 3pm. High near 31. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before midnight, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 30. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 9am. High near 41. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Loudoun County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE