Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.11 in (1030.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Grand Junction, Walker Field (KGJT)
Lat: 39.13389 Lon: -108.53861 Elev: 4859ft.
4 Miles S Fruita CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 13. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand Valley, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE