Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.01 in (1016.7 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12 Lon: -94.6 Elev: 758ft.
2 Miles SSW Sugar Creek MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain before 10am, then rain. High near 40. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow before 10pm, then snow likely between 10pm and midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle after midnight. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming north 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE