Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.37 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Leesburg / Godfrey (KJYO)
Lat: 39.08 Lon: -77.57 Elev: 390ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 33. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 8 to 13 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 9am, then rain and snow. High near 35. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Loudoun County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE