Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
An active weather pattern will continue across the Pacific Northwest on Friday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in another inch or two of rain across the region. Meanwhile, the coastal storm making its way up the Northeast coast will finally begin to pull away on Friday, but heavy rain is still possible through Friday morning in parts of New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES LATER TODAY AND
TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE IS THEN FORECAST TO BUILD TOWARD THE MID
ATLANTIC TONIGHT AND SATURDAY, THEN A COLD FRONT CROSSES OUR REGION
SATURDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS OUR AREA LATER SUNDAY
THROUGH MONDAY, BEFORE SHIFTING OFFSHORE TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE
ACROSS THE PLAINS MONDAY WILL TRACK UP ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT
LAKES TUESDAY, PULLING A WARM FRONT TO OUR NORTH LATER MONDAY NIGHT
- Today NW wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight WNW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind around 11 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 11 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 15 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 12 to 14 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NW wind 10 to 13 kt becoming W 7 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday S wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE