Heavy rain continues in parts of Texas and New Mexico; severe storms possible in the Midwest
Heavy rain and the threat for flash flooding will continue on Saturday in parts of Texas and southeast New Mexico due to tropical moisture from the remnants of Odile. Flash Flood Watches continue across this area. Meanwhile, a storm system moving through the northern U.S. will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to the Upper Midwest through the mid-Miss. River Valley through Saturday evening.
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO SLIDE OFFSHORE TODAY. THIS WILL ALLOW
AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE TO RIDE UP THE ATLANTIC SEABOARD. AT THE
SAME TIME, A COLD FRONT, CURRENTLY OVER THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES,
WILL TRACK EAST AND PASS OFF THE NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE COASTS SUNDAY
NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD IN FROM THE WEST ON MONDAY AND
PERSIST THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK.
- This Afternoon SE wind 11 to 13 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. A slight chance of showers before 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8pm and midnight, then a slight chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 9 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday NNW wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind 9 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE