Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE GREAT LAKES REGION WILL SLIDE SOUTHEAST
AND MERGE WITH AN OFF SHORE LOW TOMORROW. THAT STORM MOVES TO THE
MARITIMES SUNDAY. HIGH PRESSURE SETTLES INTO THE CAROLINAS EARLY
NEXT WEEK THEN SLIPS EASTWARD INTO THE CENTRAL ATLANTIC NEXT
- Today NE wind around 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight N wind 8 to 11 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 17 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 8pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 20 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. A slight chance of rain before 8am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday WNW wind around 13 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind around 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE