Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE IS FORECAST TO BUILD ACROSS THE EAST COAST FRIDAY INTO
FRIDAY NIGHT, BEFORE MOVING TO THE SOUTH AND EAST SATURDAY INTO
SATURDAY NIGHT. A WARM FRONT MAY LIFT NORTH OF THE AREA SATURDAY
NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO SAG DOWN ACROSS THE
AREA SUNDAY NIGHT, BEFORE SLOWLY MOVING THROUGH THE AREA MONDAY INTO
MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BRIEFLY RETURN TO THE
NORTHEAST FOR TUESDAY, FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM AROUND
- Overnight NW wind 13 to 16 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SW wind around 9 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 9 to 14 kt becoming N after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE