Severe weather possible across parts of Northeast, Ozarks, Intermountain West to northern Rockies
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for three separate areas across the U.S. One area covers parts of the Northeast and New England. Another area is across parts of the Ozarks. The third area stretches across parts of the Intermountain West, northern Rookies and northern Plains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH OUR AREA FROM THE NORTHWEST TODAY AND
CROSS THE REGION TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
BUILD IN BEHIND THE DEPARTING FRONT FOR THE END OF THE WEEK INTO THE
FIRST PART OF THE WEEKEND. A COMPLEX SYSTEM WILL THEN AFFECT THE
REGION FOR SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.
- Today SSW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight S wind 6 to 8 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind 7 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 9 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday N wind 6 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind around 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind around 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE