Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT AND INTO
EARLY FRIDAY. SEVERAL WEAK DISTURBACNES AND A COASTAL FRONT WILL
AFFECT THE AREA THIS WEEKEND. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE
AREA EARLY NEXT WEEK. ANOTHER DISTURBANCE WILL MOVE TOWARD THE AREA
TOWARD THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE around 6 kt in the morning. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE