Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT SWEEPS OFF THE EAST COAST TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
FOLLOWS LATE TUESDAY. A COASTAL STORM FORMING OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA
COAST WEDNESDAY MORNING MOVES EAST OF NEW ENGLAND BY THANKSGIVING. A
COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH OUR AREA THURSDAY EVENING AND DRY HIGH
PRESSURE MOVES TO THE CAROLINAS NEXT WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon SSW wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Rain likely, mainly after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 14 to 17 kt becoming WNW 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Rain likely before 5am, then a chance of rain and snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 11 to 13 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 10 to 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE