Snow continues in Northern New England
Strong low pressure will keep snow going over northern New England into Thursday afternoon. Another low pressure area will bring snow to the central Plains and Mississippi Valley. Occasional rain and mountain snow is expected along the west coast and southern Rocky Mountains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
24NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE FROM THE GULF OF MAINE TO QUEBEC WILL MERGE AND
INTENSIFY OVER THE MARITIMES BY THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE ASSERTS
CONTROL HERE ON FRIDAY. WEAK LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP IN THE GULF
OF MEXICO ON SATURDAY AND IT WILL MOVE NORTHEAST ON SUNDAY TO NEAR
VIRGINA BEACH. A SECOND LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL THEN FORM AND HEAD
UP THE COAST MONDAY INTO TUESDAY.
- Overnight W wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday WNW wind 18 to 23 kt decreasing to 13 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming N after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE around 6 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of rain and snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 6 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NNE wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE