Ana southwest of Kauai and crawling slowly toward the west
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center continues to monitor Tropical Storm Ana as it continues to pass southwest of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. Maximum sustained winds are 70 miles per hour, with higher gusts, and little change in strength is expected. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Kauai, and a Hurricane Watch is in effect for uninhabited regions of northwest Hawaii.
32NM NNW Lewes DE
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL MOVE OFFSHORE DURING TODAY. A LOW PRESSURE
SYSTEM WITH AN ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT OVER LAKE SUPERIOR WILL DIVE
SOUTHEASTWARD, REACHING OUR REGION DURING THE DAY ON TUESDAY. ANOTHER
LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL FORM OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON
TUESDAY, THEN DRIFT SLOWLY NORTHEASTWARD AND REACH CAPE COD ON
THURSDAY AND NOVA SCOTIA ON FRIDAY.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 7 to 12 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind around 10 kt. Increasing clouds. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW 13 to 18 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind 14 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday WNW wind 15 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE