Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1035.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12 Lon: -94.6 Elev: 758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 6. Wind chill values between -3 and 2. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. North northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clay County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE